Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Why Aren't You Using Shopkick?

There are a lot of blog entries on this subject already, but I am surprised by how many people are still unaware of this app. I receive no benefit from people joining; I simply enjoy passing along a good tip.

Shopkick is essentially a scavenger hunt on your iPhone; except one can redeem points for very usable items. Every couple of months, I earn a gift card to Target. There are many other choices, but I like a round of free groceries every now and then.

Here is how it works:

•Walking into certain stores provides "kicks." (Although, my inner monologue calls them points). The kicks vary by the day and store.

•Some stores have items which can be scanned for further points.

•After collecting enough kicks,"rewards" are available. There are a lot of choices, such as Target gift cards, Coach purses and more; even iPad Airs are part of the game.

There is no such thing as a free lunch; obviously, users are performing some kind of "work" for the companies involved. Hence, I am aware of that every time I use the app, even though I called it "free." That said, if one happens to be at one of the applicable stores with a few minutes to spare, it is an easy way to monetize errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment